Applications are accepted ongoing until all positions are filled.
The Teaching Assistants with Jonesville Academy are responsible for individual students – or smaller groups of students – who need assistance to absorb the lesson material. Teaching Assistants work with the lead Teacher to build plans for class and you’ll also help them with record-keeping.
- Help teachers prepare lesson plans
- Set up necessary material for classes (e.g. projectors, math sets)
- Track student attendance and class schedules
- Review material taught in class with individual students with learning challenges
- Work with smaller groups of students for remedial teaching or reinforcing the learning process
- Escort and supervise students during the program
- Make sure classrooms are safe and tidy before classes start and help clean after each class
- Assist teachers with various tasks, like grading assignments and informing parents of their children’s progress
- Help students adjust, learn and socialize and report to teachers about possible behavioral issues
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Positive attitude
- Understanding of school administrative tasks and learning methods
- Great communication and organizational skills
- Cool-tempered and positive attitude
- Firm but kind personality
- A love for teaching and the ability to build a trusting and meaningful relationship with students, teachers and parents
- Bachelor’s degree or seeking a degree in teaching, preferred
Students Assistants serve on the below listed Saturdays from 8:30am – 12:30pm with some additional time spent working remotely outside during the work.
Fall 2022 – September 10 (Opening Day), September 24, October 8, October 22, November 5, November 19, December 3, and December 17 (holiday project/event).
Spring 2023 – January 14 (MLK Weekend), January 28, February 11, February 25, March 11, March 25, April 8, April 22, and May 13.
Please email questions to Daletha Butts at email@example.com